Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A trip to...

Some of you may know that 2 years ago for Christmas I got a little gold box inside of a purse. Inside the gold box was a lovely letter from my mom. She wrote that she was giving both my sister and I a trip to anywhere in the world. They could be two seperate trips too. With finishing my master's degree and getting my son ready for college, I just felt I couldn't go yet. Not only was I not ready to go, but another part of the problem was that I just could never decide where I wanted to go.
I have considered a trip to Hawaii, Australia, Germany, Finland to meet a friend face to face finally, and even an African Safari.

Well I've been doing some serious thinking and I think that I've finally decided. I think that I will be going on an Alaskan cruise early next summer. I just checked out books from the library about Alaskan ports and two people who worked at school went last summer.


I think it would be so amazing to see glaciers and whales. The land for some reason just seems to be calling me. I can't wait to do some research and book this trip. I don't know if it will be all cruise or if there will be land and cruise both. I guess it depends on the prices and how long my mom wants to be gone. I'm getting so excited to finally have made that decision. I am so torn about not going to Finland or Germany but I've wanted to go to Alaska for so long.

If you've ever been on an Alaskan cruise please leave me some comments about what was best about it and which cruise line you sailed on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how cool! I always thought an Alaskan cruise would be good; I'd rather go there than somewhere tropical for some reason. I bet you'll get lots of fabulous photos!

Anonymous said...

My grandparents went on an Alaskan cruise back in '98 or '99. I didn't hear anything bad about it - so it must've been nice.

I say just do it! Even if it's not Finland or somewhere in Europe it's somewhere YOU want to go and you are excited about it.

Adrienne said...

Oh, how wonderful! An Alaskan cruise would be GORGEOUS! I say go for it. There are so many great choices; choose one and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous!!!

NancyM