Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Don update

I've got some updated news about Don and the health situation we encountered 3-4 weeks ago. Today we went to the neurologist and this one was totally upfront and proactive. I'm so glad we switched. This one actually wondered what I saw when it happened. Once I told him, he pointed to his own head and said...your siezure started here and it did this and that. Exactly right! Don's also been doing research and new a few things he said too. When we told him about his job, and other things, and our concerns he addressed them upfront, honestly, and with a bit of humor to lighten things up which was really helpful.

He said a lot of doctors say, let's wait and see if you have another one. Like you need to live in fear that you could have another one. This doctor said, let's eliminate the fear, put you on medicine, you shouldn't have another one, although you still could, and get you back to your normal life. I'm concerned about the length of time he feels Don will probably need to be on the anti-seizure medicine, but Don is a bit relieved. He said probably 5 years worth of daily meds. See I told you a lot. But since Don is going on the medicine, he'll be going back to work on Monday. Hmmmmmmmm...he goes back to work after 3ish weeks and I get a day off...alone!!!!! ;) I'm sure I'll be doing some homework, housework, but I'm also planning a bit of retail therapy!

I'm looking for a new pair of black casual shoes. I'm primarily looking to see if I can find a pair of Privo shoes by Clarks that I absolutely love. I got a gift card from my Oprah teacher friend and can't wait to go browse and see what I can find.

Ok, now that I've given you a bit of an update, I'm going to go. I've got a sweet tooth today. Yesterday too. I feel the need to just gobble up tons of junk food. I've been doing so good lately too, but I'm going to the Y tomorrow for another trainer session.

Hope you are well and you've got some decent weather. Ours stinks. Let's just say this...WIND CHILL's Suck! Don't move north if ya don't want the wind and cold. I'm so tired of hearing the "real feel" temperature is minus...blah blah blah. Give me a break, don't bring out the sun if it's not going to warm up the earth! I want some heat! Not that much though, 70's is great, 40's would even feel like a heat wave.

Ok, going now for sure. Until we meet again!

No comments: