Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yipee!! 3 days off and 9 to go

The three day weekend is the calm before the storm. The storm of getting the students through to the end of the year, packing up the room, and getting on to summer vacation. Ahhhhhhhhh, summer vacation! I can't wait. This has been a long, hard year. I've had so many low in ability students and BIG discipline/behavior problems. I've dealt with bullying, group girl fights, and boy out of control.
I was asked if I wanted to go up to 5th grade. NO WAY!! I want to distance myself from this group of students. I'd rather go down to 3rd grade, which was an option, but I really wanted to stay just where I was, 4th grade. So luckily, that is right where I'm staying.

I think I mentioned before, I am going to work my way through the Rebecca Caudill nominees. This weekend, I've gotten through 2 more. These two were good ones too.

This one, The Motzart Question was my favorite so far. It was about a violinest who tells his life story and his parents' life story. You fall in, and feel you're right there in the room while he's talking. It is only about 70 pages, has pictures, and is a fast read. I highly recommend it for child or adult.



Emma Jean Lazarus fell out of a tree talks a lot about problems of that many young, junior high girls go through. The clique, when sometimes you're in and often you're out kind of problems.

Emma Jean is someone we can all relate too.


Moving on next to Naked Mole-Rat Letters. Also been trying to spend some time outside and did a bit of knitting. I've also totally been addicted to Bejeweled Blitz on facebook. Playing that WAYYYYYY too much.

Enjoy Memorial Day or your weekend where ever you are!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hey Laura! winding down as a teacher I'm sure is a hectic time in the classroom. Caitlyns teacher gave her the class pet, a hamster named Gracie (called me first of course) Poor lady was already done for. She had to get rid of the 'stinky creature' because she could no longer look after her and the room this time of year. LOL! hey, want a hamster? Kidding.