Sunday, October 26, 2008

One BAD week

I know this blog has been full of downers lately. I think it feels that is a lot of how my life feels. About a week and a half ago I posted about my parents' divorce and my son being out of control. Well that went from bad to worse and I had lots to deal with last week. In a nutshell, Brian went with my dad for a week. We've called for a review of his IEP, and Brian knows that if things don't change, there will be a change in his permenant placement at both school and home.

He came home last night after several long conversations. Things are far from perfect, but he's at least a bit more respectful. Also, last week, he turned in all homework assignments.

We are taking things around here a day at a time.

While we were dealing with those issues, Don was in the middle of mid-terms, and we had our family birthday gathering. I am so behind with school. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm dealing with behavior issues with about 5 different students and I feel I'm dealing more with that than I'm teaching. When I came back from a couple of days off from dealing with family issues, I had to deal with new behavior issues. It's just never ending. Now I read in an email that I have to be observed by the university too.

So for as bad as last week was, there are things I need to deal with this week that are also going to be difficult. It is the end of the quarter and report cards need to be done. A week from Tuesday is parent-teacher conferences and that is dealing with many other issues to be dealt with. This has been just one difficult start of the year. I'll be glad for a few days off at Thanksgiving, and 2 weeks off at Christmas.

I just want to sit and do mindless things like watching tv, playing games online, knitting and crafting, and petting the dogs. I know it is because I've got so much going on, it's an escape from the problems.

So I keep going, and going, and going. It sounds like the Energizer Bunny but I don't feel like I have that kind of energy.

So I'm hoping for a bit of an easier week. If you can see it in your heart, please say a prayer for our family.

No comments: