Monday, August 24, 2009

This makes me Very happy!

Ever since I saw these wind turbines in Copenhagen, for some reason they make me happy. I guess it's green energy and sustainable.



Now in Illinois there are two large wind farms. They are about an hour west of Chicago. I was shocked at seeing them as we passed them on our way out of town, and knew I needed some photos to add to my wind turbine photos from Copenhagen. These were not active yet. Some had no blades, some had 1 or 2 blades, and some were fully built, but not yet active. I can't wait to drive down by there again when they are doing their thing.

I kept looking around thinking...a turbine could be there. Now, I understand these photos are far from professional. They haven't even been edited. They are sotc or straight out of the camera. Also note...they were taken while driving 85 MPH. Not be me...I took them, but wasn't driving! OMG that would be scary to think I was driving that fast AND was looking off the road taking pictures. Enjoy!


No comments: